||The Tyne Lifeboat was built in 1833 and presented to South Shields Corporation in 1894 by the trustees of the Tyne Lifeboat Institution. It was destroyed during an air raid on South Shields on 2nd October 1941. A replica now stands in its place. The Marine Parks Restaurant can be seen to the right of the lifeboat. More information about William Wouldhave and Henry Greathead, the history of the lifeboat and the design and construction of the Wouldhave Memorial can be found in the “History of the Lifeboat” booklet in the Pamphlets collection of this website.