Scroll the mousewheel to zoom
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.
|Title||Ingham Street, South Shields|
|Town or Village||South Shields|
|Date||7 July 1973|
|Original Format||Black and White Photograph|
|Further Information||This photograph was take in 1938 of Ingham Street off Mile End Road just before this area was due for demolition. The tall building in the background held Sico, wholesale grocers. Mile End Road Presbyterian Church, on the left, opened in 1858. The stained glass windows, in memory of Rennoldson shipbuilding family, were transferred to St. John and St Paul's in Beach road when the church was demolished. The horse and cart in the centre of the picture look like a Rington's Tea van.