Kobenhavn

Kobenhavn

Image Details

Title Kobenhavn
Reference Number STH0014637
Photographer James Cleet
Town or Village South Shields
Date 1921
Original Format Black and White Photograph
Period 1920s
Copyright South Tyneside Libraries
Further Information KĂžbenhavn was a Danish five-masted barque used as a naval training vessel until its disappearance after December 22, 1928. Built for the Danish East Asiatic Company in 1921, it was the world's largest sailing ship at the time, and primarily served for sail training of young cadets.
Built by Ramage & Ferguson, Leith, Scotland.Laid down 1913. Completed 1921.