|Title||Inauguration of the Electric Tramways|
|Town or Village||South Shields|
|Date||30 03 1906|
|Original Format||Black and white photograph|
|Copyright||South Tyneside Libraries|
|Further Information||This shows the opening of the electric tram system. The first car
driven from the terminus at the bottom of Fowler Street went to
Boldon Lane. Tram number 7 is being driven by chairman Councillor W.
Gladstone Wylie, whilst tram number 3 is driven by Vice Chairman J
Watt Henderson. The third car that was brought out for the occasion
was number 10.