|Title||Amusement Park and South Pier, South Shields|
|Town or Village||South Shields|
|Date||17 April 1958|
|Original Format||Black and white photograph|
|Copyright||South Tyneside Libraries|
|Further Information||This photograph shows the accommodation section of the Amusement Park and also the west end, or land end, of the South Pier. The gantry on the left was part of the Tyne Improvement Commissioners property when maintaining the pier. The taller building to the right on the pier also belonged to the TIC. The trucks on the far right were used to carry the stone along the pier for maintenance.